Information We Collect
In the course of using the Site or our services, VestU may ask you for certain information, including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number. Such information is provided voluntarily. In general, you can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself; however, you must provide personal information in order to subscribe to VestU’s services.
When you subscribe to VestU’s services we also may you for additional information to complete the transaction and register you for the service, such information may include without limitation your name, billing address, zip code, email address and credit card information.
Additionally, VestU may use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies to collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit our Site, including, but not limited to, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Site, and aggregate data about the pages visited, but in doing so we do not connect this information with your personal information such as your name or email address. For more information, please see cookies.
Cookies & Tracking Technologies
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the opt-out procedures described in Opt Out.
Sharing Your Information
VestU does not sell, trade, or disclose your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business (for example, processing credit card transactions) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of VestU’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by VestU about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of VestU, our customers, or others.
- We may disclose aggregated, non-personal information about our users without restriction.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by VestU to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by following the instructions located on the form on which we collect your data (the subscription form) or at any other time by contacting us at support@VestU.com.
If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future promotional e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to transactional emails regarding your subscription or updates to our policies.
VestU has implemented security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of sensitive information that you provide. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Site, and VestU is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using this Site, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including e-mail and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated over the Internet. The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Credit Card Information
VestU does not store your credit card information when you subscribe to our services. VestU partners with Stripe Inc. (“Stripe”) to process credit card transactions. Stripe is a PCI compliant subscription billing management service provider. Stripe protects your sensitive subscription information using a variety of security measures including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology and other technical and physical security measures.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
VestU subscribers or customers may review or modify their contact information by contacting customer service at email@example.com. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident with whom VestU has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information VestU has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes (if any), and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. In response to a written request, VestU is allowed to provide a cost-free means to opt-out of such sharing.
VestU does not provide your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you do not want VestU to use your personal information to promote our products or services please follow the cost free opt-out procedures in this policy.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Information of Children
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 18 years. We will not request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 18. By using our Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information.
Links to Other Materials